Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sorry Abz but I bought a bike that was almost the first I looked at


I am now settled back at Saxilby. It is good to be back here. This must be one of the nicest moorings available on the Fossdyke. All the shops are handy with a charity shop to frequent in the hope of finding that one item that you can’t get anywhere else.

In the last few days I have been trying to find a bike to place on the bows. All the major bike shops here have second hand bikes that are well out of my price range. They all tend to be around £1500 -1700 but I struck it lucky with an advert placed in a small shop in the middle of Lincoln. Who says advertising doesn’t pay.

I arranged to look at it and Michael brought it out to me which I much appreciated. Within minutes a deal was struck and I am now the proud owner of a Honda 185. A well used machine but I hope to get as much pleasure out of it as Michael obviously had.

Bought the timber this morning to build the platform and ended up with planks that were rather thicker than I wanted but it worked.

As the photo shows the wheels over hang by a couple of inches. The view is deceptive and not as bad as it looks.

No comments: