Friday, November 21, 2008

Picking the Name Plate Design


We are now just waiting for a crane to become available to put Abigail Jenna into the water. It is hoped that this will be done by the second week in December.

Over the past few weeks I have been deliberating on the new nameplate that I will need. After a number of trials I came up, with some help from Abz, with the example above.

I am still undecided as to whether the name should be further out of the frame but I think that this will be very much like the one that will be put onto the narrowboat.

One of the first trips that I shall make is from Blue Water at Thorne via River Trent to the Humber and thence through the lock at South Ferriby and up to Brigg. A couple of weeks here should be sufficient for me to load up the boat with all my goods and chattels before moving on to Lincoln and the Foss Dyke. This must be the oldest canal in the country and to call it a dyke is bit of an understatement.



No comments: